Keeping Snakes Outside

AlliKat

Keeping Snakes Outside

Postby AlliKat » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:28 am

We live next to a big field so we have some snakes that come out every now and then. While I could never have a snake for a pet, I wouldn't kill them if I see them in my yard because they eat rodents and bugs and bugs are one of my biggest fears. Now if they get in the house all bets are off; I don't know how to trap them and transfer them out of the house. I would rather not have to do this but I don't know how to keep them out.
Dorothy

Re: Keeping Snakes Outside

Postby Dorothy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Do you have cats? If you do then there's no worry about having snakes in the house. Cats are good "snakers." I once had 4 cats that cornered a big black snake in my carport and wouldn't let it move. We were at work and my mother-in-law came and took care of the situation.
AlliKat

Postby AlliKat » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:14 pm

I do have cats and I guess that's why I usually find dead snakes. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to keep them out without harming them and maybe how there getting in in the first place.
BlueEyedGirl

Postby BlueEyedGirl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:01 pm

I had no idea that cats would kill snakes. My cat is a wonderful "mouser'. It's great to know she is probably keeping the snakes away too.

Return to “Habitats”