Watching television

Sahara

Watching television

Postby Sahara » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:25 pm

Do your dogs watch TV? I have some friends who have dogs that love to watch TV and they will sit and stare at the screen like they know exactly what's going on. It really cracks me up! My dogs couldn't care less, so it makes me wonder why some dogs enjoy it and others don't pay any attention to it.
Anora

Re: Watching television

Postby Anora » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Our dogs don't, but our cats do! It does not matter what we are watching either, if they find it interesting they will find a spot to cuddle up in and watch the show with us. Last night we were watching something about robots & I think the movement and the sounds is what attracted them.
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Harvey will watch it when there are animals on it. Other than that, he could care less. It's funny how different some dogs are. My cat acts like she watches it.
Dorothy

Postby Dorothy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:03 pm

I had a cat once that would watch the Red Socks every time they were on. She would hear the TV and plant herself right in front of it for most of the game. Makes you wonder if she was a fan in another life.
kibbles

Postby kibbles » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Sammy doesn't watch it like he's watching the program, but he most definitely knows when there's an animal on the screen (or in the corner of the screen, or not even on the screen but making a noise somewhere). And boy does he let us know! We've had to put things in front of the TV because he would literally be scrabbling at it and scratching the glass stand, but that doesn't stop him from barking his head off. We've got very good at recognising certain adverts and flicking the channel super-quickly...

Return to “Training”