Zeus is deathly scared of our tub.

whiteTiptoes

Zeus is deathly scared of our tub.

Postby whiteTiptoes » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:52 am

I have a large dog named Zeus and he's deathly afraid of taking a bath in our bathtub. In fact, he won't willingly go into our somewhat small bathroom at all. What can I do to encourage him to come into the bathroom, get into the tub, and sit for a bath?
Dorothy

Re: Zeus is deathly scared of our tub.

Postby Dorothy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Good luck with this. If it's a small bathroom, maybe it reminds him of a cage he was in once. Like people, he may be claustrophobic. There's all kinds of things you could try. Leave the door open when you take a bath and encourage him to come in with treats. You may have to bath him outside. Let us know what happens.
whiteTiptoes

Postby whiteTiptoes » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Treats are a possibility, although I have been reluctant to train him with treats because they seem to have spoiled our other dog. Now she won't do anything unless you have a treat in hand. He definitely seems claustrophobic, though, as other small areas freak him out, too.
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:46 pm

I would say treats too. Maybe you can start small. Just get him comfortable with going into the bathroom. Offer treats to get him in there. Then once he is okay with it, work on getting him into the tub.

Return to “Training”