Orange danio fish

Claude

Orange danio fish

Postby Claude » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 pm

I have an orange Danio fish in my tank right now that has developed a bubble on his left side. It doesn't seem to be affecting him because he still swims fine and he is still eating. I've had him for about two years now along with a few others, and they seem to be really hardy fish. I was wondering if anyone knows what this bubble could be and if there is anything that I can do for him?
Marjoram

Re: Orange danio fish

Postby Marjoram » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:21 am

Is it a clear bubble? Might be an injury, perhaps caused by a fishy "roommate" if he has any. It may go down on its own. Best to keep an eye on the bubble, and on your fish's behavior, over the next couple of days.

On the other hand, if the bubble is white, that's a sign of a possible parasitic infection called "whitespot." Whitespot is treatable, but he will need medication to clear that up. Your local fish dealer should be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck, and please keep us posted!
Claude

Postby Claude » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:47 pm

Thanks for the information Marjoram. The bubble does appear to be more of a clear bubble; it's orange just like his coloring. I haven't noticed anything more wrong with him and he seems to be just fine. He does have other fish living with him, mainly tetras and other colored danio fish. At this point I'm not sure that it is ever going to go down, but I will continue on keeping an eye on him just in case something changes.
Sahara

Postby Sahara » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:25 pm

That is something I've never seen before on any of our fish. The parasitic thing sounds scary, but hopefully that's not what it turned out to be. Has it gone away by now or is it still there?
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:04 pm

I'm interested to know if the bubble is still there or if it is gone now. I have seen bubbles on fish and there was nothing wrong. I bet it wasn't a parasite because it wasn't white. That usually means infection. Hope all is well with your fish.
DogLovinMomma

Postby DogLovinMomma » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:21 pm

I have seen whitespots on fish various times in the past, but I have never noticed a bubble appearing on a fish. I hope your fish is doing better now and I would love to hear if you found out what the cause of this problem was.

Return to “Health / Mental care”