Bored horses

Wenstar

Bored horses

Postby Wenstar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:03 pm

We like to go horseback riding a couple times each year and there is one particular stable that we like to use for this. The last time we went, the horses seemed sort of apathetic. They wanted to keep stopping and they just didn't seem that thrilled. I wonder if horses get burned out from the same old thing all the time. I imagine that they do.

I've seen videos of horses playing with large balls, pushing them around, running up and down the field. It made me realize that they can be quite playful. I think maybe the stable horses need a little more activity to break up the monotony.
Claude

Re: Bored horses

Postby Claude » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:38 pm

I agree. A friend of mine owns a few horses and I've seen them playing with things like this before. I bet the stable horses do get tired of doing the same thing everyday. They also will act like that if the weather is too warm for them. They just don't want to do anything when it is warm out, just like us.
Harvey

Re: Bored horses

Postby Harvey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:07 pm

I have seen many horses but I have never seen any that run around pushing a ball around. Personally for me, I'd want to ride a "bored" horse because I would be afraid that an energetic horse might buck me or my child off.

Return to “Training”